What is The reading residency?
A juried program designed specifically for agents of social change to dedicate a full weekend to themselves: to reading and self-care. The awardee of each residency will receive free housing and amenities on site, in addition to a small stipend for food and reading material. There are 4 residencies in the year (one per season).
- $30 stipend for reading material
- $70 stipend for food + drink
- Available Spirits
- Tea + Coffee
- Light Breakfast + Snacks
- Access to RR Library
- NO Internet access
- NO Television
- NO Computer
- The residency is entirely spent taking care of yourself, through reading and relaxing.
- Stay from Friday evening to Monday morning.
- Arrange transportation to arrive + depart on time
- [Residency is located in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, the address will be disclosed only to awardees.]
- A short written reflection on your experience.
The judging panel will base their scoring on:
- Candidate's working relationship to social progress.
- What will be read at this residency and why.
- Applicant's essay about why this residency is appropriate and timely for the candidate.
WINTER/Spring Reading residency
January 20—June 21
PANEL OF JURORS:
EJ Hill — Artist and Educator
Jesús Mejia — Artist
Applications will soon be available for the Summer program.